Friday, March 22, 2013

Long Time, No See

I took a break from my writing break and have been working on a couple of stories that have been running through my head. The first is a sequel to "Birds of a Feather." I had another sequel written, but was very unhappy with it. We'll see if try number two is any better, or if seconds in a series are doomed to be the poorest.

The second is also a sequel, but due to where it falls in the timeline, it reads as a stand alone. I think I mentioned it before--Part Deux of the Nanowrimo story I did last November, only rather than taking place in Victorian England, this one is set in 1925 in New York. I suppose it's not so much a sequel as a book set in the same world, but about 30 years later.

This story has got all kinds of fun stuff going on in my brain, so I declare next week to be 1920s week! If you want to join me, feel free to blog about all things 1920s related. Yes, I'll be throwing in a typewriter or three, but I'm saving those for Friday. Fashion, movies, music, art--whatever inspires you, feel free to post about it.

I'm still focusing on my designing--more on that coming soon--but sometimes it's good to take a break. Keeps the creative juices flowing.

2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, I was about to blog about some 20's stuff in the next few days.

    Good to see that you're getting your writing mojo going. And on a Sterling! I love my sterling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are putting the Sterling to good use.

    ReplyDelete